Rural Women are at a disadvantage in accessing funds due to lack of exposure, low level of literacy and unfamiliarity with bureaucratic procedures.
They face uncertainty like death of earning member of the family, disability, loss of livelihood assets and sometimes-major health problems. To protect such groups, ICECD joined hands with Insurance companies and FICCI – CARE and identified relevant insurance schemes, both for life and other risks like earthquake / floods / other calamities.
- Over 6000 women in the talukas of Anjar, Bhachau, Bhuj and Rapar were covered under various insurance schemes for one year and for risk of houses of 10 years
- Some women have received claims worth Rs.6 lakhs against loss of their houses / damage to houses
- The children of 12 women who have died have received claims worth Rs.3 lakhs
- 7 women received accidental insurance worth Rs.7 lakhs
- 897 women have received claims for Rs.32 lakhs