Income generation interventions aim in addressing poverty, unemployment and lack of economic opportunities to increase the participant’s ability to generate income and secure livelihoods. These interventions are in the form of providing microcredit or vocational skills training programs that, apart from income generation, also include components such as health education, women empowerment, and critical thinking and communication skills.
The approach and implementation of this program is as follows:
- Before starting training, awareness workshops are conducted and market prospects for employment / self-employment are identified
- Market-oriented training is then implemented by trained, experienced specialists of ICECD in the technical / management field
- After the training, help / guidance is provided including financial market linkages through regular follow-up
- To provide guidance and training to men/women to help them become self-employed
- To make the people living in slums self reliant by providing new opportunities
Who can join?
- Men/women possessing strong will and a desire to be self reliant(Education and experience no bar)
- Age Limit: Men/women between the ages of 18 to 35 years.
- Training duration: 2 weeks (daily five hours).
|For men||For women|
|Electric repairing||Plastic Articles|
|Plumbing works||Readymade garments|