Breaking away from their shackles, entrepreneurs have achieved significant success in both traditional and non-traditional businesses. But in order to cope with the rapidly changing market scenario with liberalization and reforms in the economy, these successful entrepreneurs need to continuously strengthen their skills and capabilities for sustaining their profitability and growth. ICECD is committed to entrepreneurship development and has been working in the field in India as well as many other developing countries. The research studies conducted by ICECD to assess the performance of Indian entrepreneurs have given us an insight into the enterprise related problems, gender related problems and performance issues faced by them. Based on the findings, ICECD proposes to conduct a Skill Upgradation and Capability Building Program for the existing entrepreneurs of Gujarat.
The program is designed to provide entrepreneurs the opportunity to improve their business performance. The training objectives are:
- To enable the entrepreneurs to assess and enhance their existing performance level
- To develop/strengthen entrepreneurial and professional management skills by providing inputs on existing economic scenario, impact of market driven economy, reforms and other current issues
- To improve their functional management skills
The Centre also aims to facilitate marketing linkages for the entrepreneurs by a variety of initiatives.
The training program will integrate strategies for acquisition of new skills and knowledge, with the strengthening of attitudes and traits, which are essential for successful growth oriented entrepreneurial continuum.
The coverage includes:
- Identification of market opportunities in the Global Market, innovation, diversification and Expansion of Products, Markets
- Marketing strategies and techniques of strategic management. Evolving strategy for sales of service/products using competitive advantage
- Current economic environment and how to generate strong liquidity within such environment
- Measurement of progress through various financial ratios
- Effect of VAT, WTO on current products and services
- Export potential and procedures, marketing techniques for international market and quality needs
- Raising funds/working capital and money management. Costing, pricing and cost-price-profit relationship (Break even)
- Human Resource Management and Institutional vision building in a Global Era
- Managing Information and communication through IT
- Entrepreneurial competency development inputs
- Motivation, time and stress management techniques
- Sensing the need for growth and understanding the growth process
The training program will use participatory methods involving games, role plays, simulation exercises and audio visual presentations. Participants will be encouraged to share problems and concerns faced while managing their enterprises. Counseling will be provided to work out future plans effectively for growth and performance improvement.
Persons wanting to expand their enterprise in terms of market, finance and the diversification. Age and qualification is no bar.
5 days, 3 hours daily (3 pm to 6 pm)