Women play a crucial role in the overall development process. Thus the development of women entrepreneurship is essential since it creates a new array of women leader/entrepreneurs, which provides employment to thousands, contributing greatly to the nation’s wealth and economy.
The last two decades have witnessed the emergence of women entrepreneurship on a global basis. Yet, many more women lack the skills required for entrepreneurial ventures. The absence of integrated and need based programs and non-availability of skills to develop women as “entrepreneurs” further inhibits the efforts.
ICECD has been in the forefront since 1986 in designing special Women Enterprise Development Programs (WEDPs) to help create, promote and manage Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Till now, it has already developed 4,00,000 women who start their own business and earn Rs. 10,000 to Rs 90,000 per month.
- To develop fast -track women entrepreneurs as leaders and catalysts in various industry segments, equipping them with global perspective and contemporary knowledge in business and management.
- To give women/housewives a detailed idea about the procedures involved in establishing an entrepreneurial unit
- To impart basic managerial skills and understandings to women and housewives so that they can run the project efficiently and effectively.
- To equip the women entrepreneurs with effective communication skills
- To educate the women entrepreneurs about the financial aspects of businesses
- To make the women/housewives aware about the laws with regards to entrepreneurship to overcome any future problems
The following Women Enterprise Development Program (WEDP) is offered for women/ housewives who are free to choose each or all of the courses according to their requirement. The comprehensive course makes it a one stop shop for any women entrepreneur to float and run her business. Other part-modules give these women the flexibility to just sharpen that particular aspect of her start up.
|EDP (Comprehensive)||8 Weeks||25,000 /-|
|EDP (Micro Business)||3 Weeks||10,000 /-|
|Idea Generation & Selection||1 Week||3,000 /-|
|Business Project Feasibility Study||1 Week||3,000 /-|
|Product Pricing||4 Days||3,000 /-|
|Sales & Marketing for SME||1 Week||3,000 /-|
|Preparation of a Business Plan||1 Week||5,000 /-|
|Establishing a Business/Consultancy||1 Week||3,000 /-|
|Financing for Business||1 Week||3,000 /-|
|Legal & Accounting Aspects for SMEs||1 Week||3,000 /-|
|Managing Existing Business||1 Week||5,000 /-|
|Make Your Business Grow||1 Week||5,000 /-|
|Achievement Motivation for the Business owner/ Entrepreneur||3 Days||3,500 /-|
- Any women/housewives who wants to identify/ launch/ join/ manage a SME
- Families owning businesses, who want to develop their potential successors (daughters/ sisters) or associates in professional skills for Business Management and Development
- Women/housewives, who already have an existing business, and wish to expand/diversify the same
- Wives of existing entrepreneurs who want to create new enterprises or join their family business
- Duration: 3 Days to 8 Weeks depending on the program chosen
- Fees: INR 3,000 – 25,000