This one year Post Graduate programme aims to create and strengthen the skills and competencies of students in managing the rural development programmes. Though managing rural development is not a new activity, what is new is treating the management processes for rural development as a field for systematic research and development to create a difference. The programme is structured to provide basic focus on conceptual understanding of rural and gender development for immediate practical applications. It would enable students to become well acquainted with planning, implementing and monitoring development initiatives.
The specific objectives of this programme are to:
- Develop a cadre of sensitized professionals for institutions (NGOs/ GOs/ Banks, etc) skilled in assessing needs, conceptualizing, implementing and managing rural development, to achieve economic, social and political empowerment;
- Understand gender issues and develop gender sensitive policies, plans and programmes;
- Understand the development needs of rural people for social and economic empowerment; and
- Sensitize students towards the need for development of rural areas and execute effective interventions for socio-economic development of poor/ rural/ deprived people.
ICECD stands as the only institute in India to offer this programme with a gender perspective in development with a uniquely designed curriculum and structure. At the end of the programme, the students will be fully equipped with:
- Ability to assess the needs of the rural community for strategic inputs for capacity building;
- Skills and knowledge to formulate plans and implement initiative to improve the quality of life and standard of living;
- Knowledge to define future rural development strategies;
- A learning mindset leading to continuous knowledge acquisition;
- Career guidance and support for placement in institutions;
- Knowledge and linkage to initiate rural development activities.
The programme would cover 5 main concentration packages
- Integrated Rural Development
- Rural Economic Development Management
- Social Development Management
- Human Resource Management
- Development Management
Graduate/Post Graduate from any University/College. Any Indian or foreign national appearing for the final year graduation examination, awaiting result may also apply.
|Academic Fees (incl. computers, library and learning material)||Term I||40,000/-|
|Examination Fees (for both terms)||5,000/-|
(A refundable deposit of ` 3000 would be applicable)
Note: Hostel facilities along with lodging boarding facilities are available for an annual fee of Rs.70, 000/- for Non- A/C & Rs.1, 10,000/- for A/C accommodation.
The past students comprise of youth from allover the country (Rajasthan, Orissa, Bihar, Gujarat, UP) as well as countries like Nigeria and Ethiopia. Today they are well on their way to fulfill their mission having been placed with prestigious National and International Development Organizations, Government Organizations, Corporate houses and NGOs, while some have started their own enterprises. Our students have been placed at organizations like
Some of the Organization:
- Taleem Research Foundation
- Helpage India
- Supath Gramodhyog Sansthan
- District Rural Development Agency [(DRDA)
- Bhilwara and Junagadh and Bihar
- National Rural Livelihood Mission
- Water and Sanitation Management Organization (WASMO)
- Aajeevika Bureau
- Development Support Centre (DSC)
- Motivation Engineers
- Abhigam Consultants
- Agakhan Rural Support Programme (AKRSP)
- ICECD & many more…
MILAN PRAJAPATI PGDM : RDM (2012-13)
At ICECD, learning is achieved at an exponential rate. We learn not only in the classrooms but in the field and it is a life-long learning. I can never forget the various methodologies used for teaching which are very innovative and comprises case-studies, role plays, simulation exercises, groupwork, experiential, etc. The one month Dissertation provided me an OJT (on the job training). The hostel here and sumptuous food at mess makes me feel like having a home away from my home! All credit to ICECD which provided me such an excellent and Holistic education that I got a job with an International institute- ICRISAT.