A film maker or director is a story-teller. He/she takes the script and moulds it into a visual tale. He has to have an in-depth understanding of screenwriting, acting, cinematography, editing, sound recording and design procedures of film making.
Film Making Course
This is a comprehensive course that takes students through the required knowledge areas for becoming a good Director. It starts with the fundamental concepts and moves on to professional-level crafting. Students are taught how to achieve a balance between aesthetics and technical things.
The Film Making Course is conducted by instructors who are also professionals in their respective fields – working actors, writers, directors and producers. They are respected veterans of the industry and they give each student the personal focus necessary for launching their careers as Directors.
FILM MAKING – DIRECTION Course Curriculum:
- Captivating storytelling with proper technical finish in each production
- Synchronous teamwork with each member functioning sensitively and professionally in harmony with each other
- Screening and analysis of films of the greatest Directors
- Vocabulary & Commands of Film Industry
- Tools of screenwriting – Character, conflict & structure
- Film appreciation and analysis
- Safety Procedures While Shooting
- Imagination & Visualization
- Creating a world with Visual & Sound
- Sound design – including indoor recording & outdoor recording
- Continuity of Space & Time
- Story Boarding & Ground Plan
- Visualization to execution
- Working with Actors
- Production Design
After successfully completing the course, students can start their careers as Directors, Associate Directors, Unit Directors and Assistant Directors in film, television, theater, publishing houses and advertising agencies.