Corporate Social Responsibility has come to be accepted as an emerging discipline globally. Many business organizations have also accepted their social responsibility voluntarily. Some others have adopted to keep up a corporate image while others to get a competitive edge among others. For an individual as for an organization, CSR gives an opportunity to deliver as a responsibility enlightened citizen.
As per the section 135 of the new companies act 2013, every company, private limited or public limited, which either has a net worth of Rs.500 crore or a turnover of Rs. 1,000 crore or net profit of Rs. 5 crore, needs to spend at least 2 % of its average net profit for the immediately preceding three financial years on corporate social responsibility activities. Even those companies, who have an established CSR programme, will have to restructure it in order to meet the legal requirement. It is expected that these changes will create a need for CSR professionals and the proposed programme aims to fulfill that need.
At the end of the programme, the individuals will be fully equipped with knowledge of :
- Know about the areas of CSR work undertaken by companies,
- Understand the various national and international guidelines & norms for effectively use of CSR,
- Knowledge of CSR initiatives for other companies,
- Get a picture of the state of CSR in India,
- Preparation of case studies and best practices of CSR,
- Ability to Work with Companies, International Organization and Government on CSR projects.
The programme would cover 6 main concentration packages:
- Understanding CSR and SDGs
- Corporate Ethics
- CSR Audit
- CSR and Welfare Business for Socio-economic up-liftment of community/political people
- CSR law in India
- Research- Project Work
Graduate/Post Graduate from any University/College. Any Indian or foreign national appearing for the final year graduation examination, awaiting result may also apply.
Duration : 6 months
Class : Monday- Friday (Daily 5 hours)
|Academic Fees (incl. computers, library and learning material)||Term I||17,500/-|
|Examination Fees (for both terms)||5,000/-|
(A refundable deposit of 3000 would be applicable)
Note: Hostel facilities along with lodging boarding facilities are available for an annual fee of Rs.35, 000/- for Non- A/C & Rs.65,000/- for A/C accommodation.
Placement opportunities are available after the successful completion of course in corporates, NGOs, NPOs and International NGOs.