Corporate Social Responsibility has come to be accepted as an emerging discipline globally. CSR is now integral part of any company, especially listed companies. Many business organizations have also accepted their social responsibility voluntarily. Some others have adopted to keep up a corporate image while others to get a competitive edge among others. For an individual as for an organization, CSR gives an opportunity to deliver as a responsibility enlightened citizen.
As per the section 135 of the new companies act 2013, every company, private limited or public limited, which either has a net worth of Rs.500 crore or a turnover of Rs. 1,000 crore or net profit of Rs. 5 crore, needs to spend at least 2 % of its average net profit for the immediately preceding three financial years on corporate social responsibility activities. Even those companies, who have an established CSR programme, will have to restructure it in order to meet the legal requirement.
It is expected that these changes will create a pool of well-informed CSR professionals and the proposed programme aims to fulfill that need. Through this programme, individuals will enable to formulate CSR policy, strategy, project’s designing and monitoring of project’s progress.
The specific objectives of this programme are:
- To enable individuals with conceptual clarity on need, purpose and relevance of research applicability in CSR practice.
- To understand the role of corporate social responsibility as an essential feature of corporate policy.
- To equip individuals with knowledge and skills for undertaking Corporate Social Responsibility.
- To develop competencies for effective field interventions, research and management of CSR projects.
- To develop an insight into present CSR strategies of model business Organization.
At the end of the programme, the individuals will be fully equipped with knowledge of :
- Know about the areas of CSR work undertaken by companies,
- Understand the various national and international guidelines & norms for effectively use of CSR,
- Knowledge of CSR initiatives for other companies,
- Get a picture of the state of CSR in India,
- Preparation of case studies and best practices of CSR,
The programme would cover 6 main concentration packages:
- Understanding CSR and SDGs
- Corporate Ethics
- CSR Audit
- CSR and Welfare Business for Socio-economic up-liftment of community/political people
- CSR law in India
- CSR and Human Resource Management
Advantages of Distance Learning :
- Study when you have time at your convenience,
- Receive expert tutoring and advice through telephonic counseling/Skype sessions,
- Join anytime you wish open all throughout the year,
- Counseling sessions at campus once a year (you have to reach on your on to ICECD campus at Bopal, Ahmedabad and accommodation will be provided to you free of charge. Only pay food bills)
Graduate/Post Graduate from any discipline and working professionals from corporate houses, NGOs, INGOs and Government. Any Indian or foreign national appearing for the final year graduation examination, awaiting result may also apply.
Duration : 6 months
The course will be implemented through self instructional study materials, assignments, field visit and counseling by expert faculties.
Medium of instruction
The medium of instruction is English.