ICECD addressed the topical issue of low participator and lack of effectiveness of women in political decision making. The under representation of women in politics and their lack of involvements and performance of their duties have been addressed through political empowerment programmes.
- Awareness building and advocacy for women’s rights
- Developing strategies for political empowerment for women in local governance in rural areas
- Capability building of women leaders to develop functional skills for resource mobilisation, planning and networking.
- Creating counseling cell for both, access to information and support (moral as well as skill based) for women leaders.
- Training of women Sarpanch (Political Leaders) along with training curriculum Development.